Does your child qualify for additional ‘Pupil Premium’ funding?
What is pupil premium?
The Pupil Premium is additional funding given to schools to help children from low income families achieve in line with their potential. The school will only receive this additional money to spend on children if parents or guardians who are eligible, apply for it.
Who is eligible?
The school is awarded the additional funding for children who meet any of the following criteria:
- have a parent serving in the armed forces;
- are currently entitled to free school meals
- have been entitled to free school meals within the last 6 years;
- are ‘looked after’
- are covered by a guardianship order
- are covered by a residency order
- have been adopted from care.
For further information on how to apply, please follow this link: https://www.lancashire.gov.uk/children-education-families/schools/free-school-meals
How Pupil Premium is used at Brabin’s Endowed School
The pupil premium gives schools extra funding to raise the achievement of some pupils. This is in addition to the school’s budget. Schools are free to decide how to allocate this funding in a bid to meet the needs of the given pupils.